The Shimmer3 EMG unit is a highly configurable sensor module which can be used in a variety of data capture scenarios.The unit includes:
• Software configurable right-leg drive for common-mode interference rejection
• Software configurable amplifier gain
• Software configurable data rate
• Respiration demodulation capability on-chip
• Lead-off detection capability on-chip
• Test signal on-chip for validation purposes
• EEPROM storage device enables expansion board detection and identification, as well as 2032 bytes of data storage available to user
To learn more about how the Shimmer platform can be used to acquire EMG and IMU data, please see the demo video here.
The Shimmer3 EMG (Electromyogram) sensor measures and records the electrical activity associated with muscle contractions, assesses nerve conduction, muscle response in injured tissue, activation level, or can be used to analyze and measure the biomechanics of human or animal movement. The Shimmer3 EMG sensor is non-invasive (Surface) EMG and therefore is a representation of the activity of the whole muscle. It’s an efficient wireless solution for access to a host of muscle, gait, and posture data analysis.
• Two channels of EMG data
• EMG data can be measured simultaneously with 10DOF kinematic data
The EMG Unit also contains ECG functionality as standard. EMG and ECG data cannot be measured simultenously from a single unit.
The Shimmer3 ECG (Electrocardiogram) sensor records the pathway of electrical impulses through the heart muscle, and can be recorded on resting and ambulatory subjects, or during exercise to provide information on the heart’s response to physical exertion.
• Five-wire, four-lead ECG solution, measuring bipolar limb leads and user's choice of V1 - V6
• Digital interface includes test signal generation for validation purposes
• Respiration demodulation from ECG data and lead-off detection