Kinesis GAITTM enables clinical gait assessment for rehabilitation and research, through the quantitative measurement of movement using wearable sensors. Quantitative gait analysis can be used to identify the presence of gait abnormality, pathological gait or specific gait deviations associated with injury and disease, predict falls in the elderly, and quantify improvements due to rehabilitation.
Kinesis GAITTM Key Features
- Accurate, reliable measurement - Clinical grade assesment, validated through eight years of research.
- Compare to reference data - Kineisis GAITTM can identify specific gait and mobility problems by comparing patient data (e.g. gait variability, gait symmetry) to average values for age and gender.
- Trend recording time, gait velocity and distance travelled - Measure how well a patient respons to intervention, therapy or medication by trending gait data over time, as well as viewing all historical tests.
- Detailed mobility assessment - Quantitative assessment of each element of gait including, spatial gait parameters, temporal gait parameters, gait variability and gait symmetry.
- Intuitive, user friendly design - Intuitive display of results, ability to track use of mobility aids or turn off timing limits.
- Export reports and notes for onward referral - Add notes on patient assessments. Export all patient results in Excel format. Create both patient-facing and clinician facing reports on each test, in PDF format. Securely and automatically back-up results to the cloud.
Kinesis GAITTM is a Medical Device
Product is a registered Class I medical device in the EU,under the MDD and carries the CE mark.
Kinesis Gait™ is registered with the FDA as a Class I (exempt) medical device in the USA, is registered as a Class I medical device with Health Canada, and is registered with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) in Australia.
Product has been certified for electrical safety to medical device safety standard EN 60601-1.
Content reproduced with permission from Kinesis Health Technologies Ltd.