Start Date: April 03rd, 2017
We have immediate openings for software engineers to design and develop our next generation software responsible for mapping data retrieved from Shimmer’s sensor platforms into a usable and elegant application infrastructure.
• Work closely with Product Management to define new application framework features insuring a high performing and ultra-usable user experience.
• Collaborate with peers on technical design, work estimation and implementation of new features including interfaces/data transformation and handoff to front end technology.
• Keep on top of task and bug management system for assigned issues each sprint as well as estimating and assessing priority and dependencies.
• Work closely with clients to understand their requirements and resolve their technical issues when required.
• Prepare for Agile sprint planning by understanding the details (effort, risk, priority) of remaining work committed for an update.
• Perform peer code reviews as part of everyday workflow.
• Contribute ideas for continually improving the team's productivity, job enjoyment, and code quality.
• Enjoy engineering software
3+ years experience in Object Oriented Design and Programming
Must have experience in SQL/Relational Database development
Java, Android and XML are required.
Solid grasp and fluent in common Design Patterns
Must have a disciplined, methodical, minimalist approach to designing and constructing layered software components.
Proven ability to take leadership role in projects.
Ability to deliver on time working in a fast paced agile environment.
Ability to work with product managers to clarify and prune requirements.
Bachelors Degree or higher. Computer Science/Engineering major is preferable.
This is an immediate opening with interviews being held over the next two weeks.
Please apply in the first instance by sending your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Shimmer is a leading technology company providing clinical-grade wearable wireless sensing technology. The company's award winning platform enables enterprises to reduce risk, cost, and time to market for sensor-based digital health solutions. Shimmer offers consultancy, design, customization, and volume manufacture for a full range of wearable sensor technology to provide high quality, scientifically reliable biophysical and movement data in real-time. This unlocks the potential for analysis and interpretation of sensed data specific to the person and creates an unprecedented level and access to personal digital health information, with the goal of improving health care outcomes. Shimmer’s technology is trusted and utilized by the world’s brightest start-ups, Fortune 500 companies, and leading Universities in over 75 countries worldwide. Deployments include an FDA approved biophysical application in the US, a telerehabilitation solution in Spain, and player tracking and performance management solution in the UK and Ireland. Established in 2008, with headquarters in Dublin, Ireland and with offices in Boston and Kuala Lumpur, Shimmer Sensing offers wearable wireless sensing technology that overcome the challenges of size, wearability, reliable communications and low power consumption. For more information visit www.shimmersensing.com