Software Engineer, Kuala Lumpur Malaysia
Start Date: January 18th, 2021
Shimmer is a leading provider of wearable wireless sensor products and solutions. As a pioneer in the industry Shimmer is committed to pushing the boundaries and driving the future development of wearable wireless sensing through our personal and world-class engineering team.
Headquartered in Dublin, Ireland and with locations in Boston, USA, and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, Shimmer offers wearable wireless sensing technologies, solutions, and consultancy services to the Research and Education, Enterprise, and End User markets. Shipping to over 70 countries worldwide our technology and solutions are utilized by the brightest start-ups, Fortune 500 companies, and world’s leading Universities. Shimmer is a privately held company, and manufactures all of its products in its Dublin facility which is accredited to the quality management standard ISO 9001, the medical device standard ISO 13485, and the aerospace standard AS9100.
Work as part of an Engineering team in a fast-paced environment delivering Software and Application Programming Interfaces(APIs) used in multitudes of fields such as biomedical, biomechanics and neuro-marketing.
• Work within an engineering team in developing software and APIs ensuring high performance and an ultra-usable user experience.
• Collaborate with peers on technical design, work estimation and implementation of new features.
• Work closely with clients to understand their requirements and resolve their technical issues when required.
• Work within an Agile development environment and actively participate in Sprint reviews.
• Perform peer code reviews as part of everyday workflow.
• Contribute ideas for continually improving the team's productivity, job enjoyment, and code quality.
• Willingness to rapidly learn new technologies (for example cloud computing) and advocate emerging technologies that will enhance the existing product range.
Qualifications, Education & Previous Experience Requirements
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Software Engineering/Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
• An understanding of the full software development life-cycle including agile development, test-driven development, and continuous integration.
• Demonstrable experience in the use of one or more of the following programming languages: Java , Android , C#.
• Experienced in Common Design Patterns concepts.
• A disciplined, methodical, minimalist approach to designing and constructing layered software components.
• Good working experience with Eclipse or Visual Studio preferable.
• Practical experience of Object Oriented design.
• Practical experience of JIRA and Git.
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office – e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Visio, etc.
Good communication skills, both written and oral and able to communicate to all levels and functions throughout the organization.
• An interest in wearable technologies.
• Experience with biophysical or kinematic sensors preferable.
• Enjoy engineering software.
Salary range: Competitive
Job Type: Contract
Job Location: Malaysia
Please apply in the first instance by sending your CV to:firstname.lastname@example.org