Start Date: August 31st, 2019
THE ROLE (FUSION Project) – 18 Month Duration
This innovative project aims to significantly extend the functionality of Realtime Technologies’ SHIMMER wireless sensing platform through the redesign of an innovative wrist worn device for improving the acquisition and processing of heart rate and the electrical characteristics of the skin.
These new sensing solutions will be combined into a wrist worn device and will integrate with the company’s existing NeuroLynQ data aggregation and visualisation platform.
Reporting to the Company Supervisor, you will be employed by Realtime Technologies Ltd to lead this InterTradeIreland FUSION project in supportive partnership with Ulster University. As part of this role you can undertake a fully funded Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, from the William J. Clinton Leadership Institute at Queen’s University, Belfast. The skills learned through the Diploma will enhance your personal, professional and managerial capabilities and will provide you with the necessary and valuable business skills to help you undertake your project role. The company will fully support you throughout this by factoring in the required time off to attend modules and workshops.
Realtime Technologies Ltd is a provider of Electronic Manufacturing Services and integrated supply chain solutions globally. It offers competitive outsourcing advantages, such as access to advanced manufacturing robotics and shorter time-to-market. Realtime designs, manufactures and integrates electronic systems for companies in industries including aerospace and avionics, medical equipment, defence systems and transport systems.
• To carry out the tasks outlined in the project workplan and liaise with your Company and Academic Supervisors on an ongoing basis.
• To convene and service monthly technical meetings with the core project team (Graduate, Company Supervisor and Academic Supervisor)
• To report formally on a quarterly basis on progress with the workplan to a Project Management Group (PMG), this includes the assigned FUSION Consultant representing InterTradeIreland.
• To train staff so that the new technology is fully transferred and embedded in the company.
• To work closely with the academic partner and travel to the academic institute as required.
• To undertake the Postgraduate Diploma in Business & Management, attending course modules and workshops.
• Any other duties which might fall within the general ambit of the post.
Candidates must possess:
1. To hold or due to be awarded, a minimum 2.1 Honours Degree (or equivalent) in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or a cognate discipline.
2. Experience working with sensor technologies and/or embedded systems and/or signal processing/programming components.
3. Legally permitted to work in the EU.
1. Proficiency in C/C++, Java or equivalent programming language.
2. Familiarity with pre-processing and interpretation of bio-signals.
3. Working knowledge of software version control tools such as SVN or Git.
4. Experience in the production of Technical documentation.
If interested, please apply directly to InterTrade Ireland here.