Communications & Operations Graduate Role
Start Date: June 17th, 2020
Shimmer is a leading provider of Wearable Sensing Systems. Our flagship product, the Shimmer3, is a wearable sensor platform that is low power and highly extensible. The platform is designed for use in the research and development of physiological sensing solutions and kinematic sensing systems.
Current applications include wearable ECG monitoring, Bioimpedance monitoring, Parkinson’s tremor studies, prediction of epileptic events, gait and balance analysis, elite athlete monitoring and rehabilitation, and group monitoring for neuromarketing analysis to name a few.
Our newest product Verisense is a wireless activity and sleep monitor designed for clinical trials, primarily targeting the US market, and secondarily targeting the European, and Australian markets.
- You can communicate clearly with team members
- You can work under your own initiative and as part of a team
- You can move from one project to the next seamlessly throughout the day/week
- You have a willingness to learn about the wearable technology industry (no prior knowledge necessary – we’ll teach you everything you need to know)
- You can build relationships with customers and external stakeholders
- You can maintain a professional demeanour in person, over the phone and on email
- You have strong organisational and time-management skills
About this role:
You would be working within the sales and marketing team, in our Dublin office. Below we have outlined how you would assist the team across both sales and marketing.
- Assist with ongoing public relations campaigns
- Work with the team on x4 website edits and updates
- Conducting frequent Market analysis, extending to competitor analysis
- Conduct customer research to determine future customer needs
- Conducting Competitor analysis
- Communicate Shimmers specific brand message to target audiences
- Keep Shimmers digital marketing calendar up to date and assist with executing activities
- Prepare, create and design necessary communications piece for Shimmer conference both online/offline
- Assist with design work for marketing materials using photoshop and/or InDesign
- Manage stock and custom photography for marketing materials
- Answering customer questions over email with the goal to convert them to sales
- Preparing custom quotes for potential and repeat customers
- Process all transactional sales through our CRM, and work closely with our sister company/manufacturer to ensure timely supply and shipping of purchased products
- Research and comprise a list of key targets, and work with the team to plan and execute a business development roadmap for those targets
- Prepare, record and update company documents
- Participate in team bi-weekly meeting with the marketing and sales team
- Must have a recognised 3rd level qualification not less than Level 6 (minimum grade 2:2) on NVQF or recognised equivalent; or a postgraduate degree not less than Level 9 on the NVQF, or recognised equivalent.
- Have a valid work permit to work in Ireland (if required) for a minimum of 24 months.
Tel: 00353 1 6875760