Algorithm Engineer - Boston Office
Start Date: December 20th, 2017
We have immediate openings for an Algorithm Engineer in our Boston office. This engineer will design and develop algorithms to analyze wearable sensor data in the fields of motion, neuroscience and other applications. He or she will implement these algorithms in our research and neuromarketing products. These algorithms must translate raw sensor data (accelerometer, gyroscope, galvanic skin response, etc.) into meaningful quantities (step counts, emotional responses, activity levels, etc.) for practitioners in the relevant fields.
- Work closely with PhD Level scientists, Product Managers and leading researchers to prototype algorithms in MATLAB.
- Self-motivated to identify and study the latest developments in algorithms related to wearable technology.
- Implement algorithms into production code in C/C++, Java, and other languages.
- Test and validate the performance of algorithms across multiple platforms.
- Draft user guides with the specifications and performance of algorithms.
- Collaborate with peers on technical design, work estimation and implementation of new features including interfaces/data transformation and handoff to front end technology
- Prepare for ‘Agile sprint’ planning by understanding the details (effort, risk, priority) of work committed for an update.
- Keep on top of tasks and bug-management system for assigned issues during each sprint by estimating and assessing priority and dependencies.
- Contribute ideas for continually improving the team's productivity, job enjoyment, and code quality.
- Work closely with clients to understand their requirements and resolve their technical issues when required.
- Enjoy engineering algorithms.
- Demonstrated algorithm development experience in both human motion research and neuroscience.
- Expertise in inertial signal processing and sensor fusion. For example, extraction or reconstruction of weak signals from noise in systems such as accelerometers, gyro sensors, galvanic skin response and Electrocardiogram (ECG).
- Experience with programming and scientific computation (MATLAB, Python, Java and/or other C/C++ languages.)
- Proficiency in time-domain and frequency domain discrete-time signal processing algorithms such as wavelet analysis, Fourier transformation, kalman filtering and hidden markov models.
- Knowledge of human physiology and sensing techniques. For example, the application of accelerometers and gyroscope to calculate the knee joint angles for physical rehabilitation purposes.
- Strong knowledge of statistics and mathematic methods.
- Must have a disciplined, methodical, minimalist approach to designing and constructing layered software components.
- Proven ability to take leadership role in projects.
- Ability to deliver on time in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Ability to work with product managers to clarify and prune requirements.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related Engineering major is preferable.
This is an immediate opening
Shimmer is a leading technology company providing clinical-grade wearable wireless sensing technology. The company's award winning platform enables enterprises to reduce risk, cost, and time to market for sensor-based digital health solutions. Shimmer offers consultancy, design, customization, and volume manufacture for a full range of wearable sensor technology to provide high quality, scientifically reliable biophysical and movement data in real-time. This unlocks the potential for analysis and interpretation of sensed data specific to the person and creates an unprecedented level and access to personal digital health information, with the goal of improving health care outcomes. Shimmer’s technology is trusted and utilized by the world’s brightest start-ups, Fortune 500 companies, and leading Universities in over 75 countries worldwide. Deployments include an FDA approved biophysical application in the US, a telerehabilitation solution in Spain, and player tracking and performance management solution in the UK and Ireland. Established in 2008, with headquarters in Dublin, Ireland and with offices in Boston and Kuala Lumpur, Shimmer Sensing offers wearable wireless sensing technology that overcome the challenges of size, wearability, reliable communications and low power consumption. For more information visit www.shimmersensing.com
Please submit all applications to email@example.com